Friday, September 7, 2007

Keira Knightley Thrives on Bad Reviews

Keira Knightley FashionKeira Knightley thrives on bad reviews as they make her work harder.

The star of new movie Atonement admits she can't help checking out her bad press - but tries to use it to improve her performances.

She says: "I seem to have a homing device in me that leads me to absolutely every bad review that I've ever received.

"If I'm sitting in a hairdresser I'll pick up the one thing that has horrific stuff about me in it.

"Which in one sense is incredibly difficult, but in the other constantly makes me go, 'Get better! Get better! Get better!"

The actress also agreed with recent criticism of her debut performance in bend it like Beckham. The star claimed that her performance was bad on every level.

However the actress has recieved nothing but praise for her performance in Atonement, which opened Venice film Festival, with many critics labelling her as an Oscar contender.